With one week to go until Blog Action Day (16 Oct) we’re launching an human friendly outfit competition. Taking part is simple, and there’s great prizes to win.
One of the most influencing factors in changing people’s mindsets about ethical fashion is showing them how good it looks. And nobody does that better than the scores of bloggers out there, creating beautiful outfits and showing them off to the world.
Therefore, as part of this year’s Blog Action Day, we’re launching an outfit competition, with fabulous prizes on offer, worth around £100.
First prize is a rather wonderful Skunk Funk bag donated by Style Is… as pictured above plus £50 gift voucher from People Tree. Second prize is a Johari handmade fairtrade necklace donated by Think Boutique, as pictured below. Third prize is a copy of DIY Fashion by Selena Francis-Bryden.
To take part all you have to do is:
1. Put together an outfit using pre-loved, vintage, upcycled or ethically labeled clothing. The theme of Blog Action Day is human rights, so we’ll be looking for outfits that have really thought about the people behind the clothing.
2. Take a picture of yourself in the outfit (or get someone else to do it for you – don’t ruin your lovely outfit with a bad photo!)
3. On 16 October (that’s Blog Action Day folks!) post the picture on your blog. Make sure you say why your outfit is human friendly, and include a few words about why human rights and fashion are important to you.
Want to find out more about what we’re doing on Blog Action Day? Then join our Human Friendly Fashion Bloggers’ Consortium.
- One entry only per blog
- Outfits must be posted online and shared with us by email or Twitter by 12noon GMT 17 October to qualify
- The competition is open to all ages and from any country
- Judging will be done by a panel of ethical fashion experts, and their decision is final
- Entrants will be judged on their style and creativity, and how well they have interpreted the brief of “human friendly”
- The definition of human friendly extends to animal friendly too!
- Prizes are subject to availability. If item is out of stock a prize from the same supplier at an equivalent value can be picked by the winner.
- People Tree vouchers can be redeemed by customers anywhere in UK, Europe, US, Canada, Australia or New Zealand. If the winner is not able to make a purchase within these areas then the gift vouchers will be passed on to the runner up. The winner will not be compensated with an additional prize.